Official Bios Update/Restore
15/11/2013: HP released an updated BIOS (Ver. 2013.10.01 (A)) that fixes issues with using the onboard network port with Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8.1. Official download :
- 15/11/2013 http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/swdHome/?lang=en&cc=us&sp4ts.oid=4310887
- THIS NOW REQUIRES AN ACTIVE WARRANTY TO DOWNLOAD!
- Active link to download http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/pubsw-windows/p1657370250/v93269/SP64420.exe
Official documentation :
- 30/09/2011 TheBay posted a bios hack which allows 6 ports of AHCI SATA 3gb/s. Click here to view original forum topic.
- 01/12/2012 There is a BIOS by bios-mods.com. Click here to view forum discussion.
- 01/12/2013 There is a new modded bios based on the November 2013 HP BIOS that re-enables AHCI 3gb/s. Click here to view forum post. Tested and working with N54L.
- 01/08/2014 There is a new modded BIOS and guide for the latest HP BIOS (From 1/10 2013). Tested and working with N36L, N40L and N54L. Step by Step guide can be found Here